KAC (Kalanianaole Athletic Club) Basketball
KAC WINTER 2013 BASKETBALL
The KAC Winter Season will run from October 19, 2013 to December 13,2013 for player’s ages 6 to 18 years old. This season Registration & Mandatory Assessments will be held on the same day at Kilauea District Park on Sunday, August 11 as follows:
- PeeWees (N – Z)……………………….12:30 pm – 1:00 pm
- PeeWees (A – M) ………………………1:15 pm – 1:45 pm
- Midgets (N – Z) ………………………..2:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Midgets (A – M) ……………………….2:45 pm – 3:15 pm
- Juniors, Seniors & Masters……….3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- 6ers…………………………………………3:30 pm – 4:30 pm – Registration only
6ers – No Assessments
PeeWees, Midgets & Juniors:
- a. If your child played during the Summer 2013 season – your child will NOT need to be assessed.
- b. If your child did NOT play this past Summer season – your child needs to accompany you and be ready to be assessed at the times noted above.
- Seniors – All players need to be assessed at the time allotted above.
No call back cards will be distributed this season. Please do not stand in line prior to 12:00 am due to park security and for your own safety.
Important: You may register for one family only and registration forms must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. Please have a driver’s license or some identification available. KAC will no longer provide registration forms, a PDF registration form is available to download from our website: www.kacbasketball.net. Forms must be typed – no handwritten forms will be accepted.
Assessment is mandatory. Failure to be assessed result in a player being placed on a wait list. Players must be officially registered and fees paid on this day. Refunds will be issued for those on the wait list who are not placed on a team.
Players are placed on teams through a “blind” draft system; consequently, special requests for players to be placed on the same team will not be honored.
Please be aware that this basketball season WILL overlap with other sports and activities. Practices as well as games are mandatory and chronic absenteeism will result in possible disciplinary action. This action may include, but is not limited to, the reduction of playing time per game, as determined by the coach and the Level Director. An honest commitment is expected from each player and his/her parents.
The registration fee is $75, which covers gym rentals, equipment and maintenance, referees, uniform shirts, trophy or end-of-season gift, as well as other incidental costs. Checks are to be made payable to KAC Basketball
Important dates for the 2012 Winter Season:
- Registration/Assessment Day Sunday, August 11, 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm, Kilauea District Park
- Coaches’ Meeting Wednesday, October 2, 7:30 pm, Kilauea District Park
- Games Saturday, October 19 – Friday, December 13
- Practices for the Winter Season may begin no earlier than Thursday, October 3
1) The ages for all KAC seasons are based on a calendar year (age as of December 31):
- 6ers Age 6 2007
- PeeWees Ages 7 – 8 2006, 2005
- Midgets Ages 9 – 10 2004, 2003
- Juniors Ages 11 – 12 2002, 2001
- Seniors Ages 13 – 14 2000, 1999
- Masters Ages 15 – 18 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995
2) A copy of the player’s birth certificate is required in order to register for this season.
3) Snacks are drinks only at all gym sites. Please adhere to this rule regardless of what is allowed in other leagues. Potlucks should be away from gym sites as we have numerous complaints about rubbish. Our league needs to maintain good PR with our gyms and schools to continually use these quality facilities.
4) Ball sizes utilized by KAC levels:
- 6ers, PeeWees Youth (27.5)
- Midgets 28.5
- Juniors, Seniors & Masters: 29.5 Full sized ball
5) Season Schedule – Teams will be distributed to coaches on October 2, 2013. Players will be called by coaches soon after to advise parents as to practice location, times, days, etc. Games are scheduled to begin October 19 to December 13. The following are tentative arrangements:
Games will be held at Palolo Recreation Center, Kilauea District Park, Kaimuki Community Park, Holy Nativity Church and Kalani High School gyms. Games will be held on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
6) The formation on the Masters Division (ages 15-18) again depends on the number of players registered. The division may not play and monies refunded if not enough players participate.
7) During the Winter Season, 6ers will receive trophies, PeeWee, Midget, Junior, and Senior and Master levels will receive gifts.
8) Any coaches holding KAC basketball rims, please return them to the front desk at registration.
9) Division directors:
- 6ers: Marisa Bellevou
- PeeWees: Jason Bunker
- Midgets: David Higashiguchi
- Juniors: Scot Takemoto/Brandon Goo
- Seniors/Master: Keith Kuboyama
10) Comments: We welcome your comments and suggestions regarding our basketball league. Please drop them off at our registration or assessment sites with a level director or send them to our post office box.
Thank you – KAC Basketball League
The registration notice & forms can be downloaded from the links below.
*The registration from PDF can be filled out on your computer & printed. Forms must be typed – no handwritten forms will be accepted.
DOWNLOADABLE PDF Registration forms below
2014 KAC Spring Girls Basketball Registration Form notices are usually updated at the beginning January-Girls ONLY.
2014 KAC Summer Registration Form notice are usually updated at the beginning of March-Coed.
2013 KAC Winter Registration Form notice are usually updated at the beginning of August-Coed.