With the exception of the supplementary rules listed below, the National Federation Basketball Rules will be used. Understandably, situations will occur which may not be covered as we progress through the season. As a result, the League Committee will resolve these problems, and will guide and supervise the league.
1. Playing time will be 8 minutes per quarter for Juniors and Seniors and 7 minutes per quarter for Midgets. The clock will run except for shooting fouls and timeouts. The clock will stop for every whistle during the last two minutes of the 4h quarter and overtime periods. NO SCORE will be kept on the scoreboard for the Midgets.
2. There will be two (2) oneminute time outs per half allowed per team. Time outs not used in the 1st half cannot be carried into the second half. Second half time outs may be used in overtime periods. The half time will be three minutes.
3. If the score is tied at the end of a regulation game, a twominute overtime will be played. One additional time out will be allowed per team. If the score is still tied at the end of the overtime period, a sudden death period will be played. In sudden death, the first team to score will be the winner. A jump ball will start the sudden death. No time outs allowed during the sudden death. There will be no overtime or sudden death for Midgets level.
4. Any team that cannot field five players at the scheduled starting time shall forfeit. Exceptions will be made for the first and second game as some players will be away on Spring break vacations.
5. A complete team lineup must be submitted to the official scorekeeper five minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. The lineup must indicate starting five players and their numbers.
6. Seniors: Any team leading by 10 or more points in the fist half cannot apply backcourt pressure and should fall back behind the black 3-point line or arc. 15 points or more in the second half. Referees will give a warning and on second infraction, a technical shall be called against the team in violation of this ruling.
7. All players must play one full quarter in the first half and full quarter in the second half.
NO free subbing in First Half of the game unless a child gets hurt while playing. Playing time should be divided so that each player plays in both halves. The maximum playing time is 3 quarters. When only 6 girls are playing, 2 girls will have to play 4 quarters.
Note an entry during any quarter constitutes one quarter of play. Remember, we want all the girls to participate, which will encourage and build confidence of unskilled players too.
8. In order to participate in the scheduled games, players must be in proper basketball game shirt issued by league (no alterations to the jersey), shorts, and gym shoes. All jewelry, watches, and earrings should be removed prior to game time. This is to prevent any injury to your player or any opponent players.
9. The 11 bonus rule will be in effect beginning with the 7th team foul per half. The 2 shot bonus rule will be in effect beginning on the 10th team foul per half.
10. Spectators Rule: In the event that spectators at a league game become unruly, disorderly, disobedient, or obnoxious, the league officials have the right to stop the game and ask the spectators to leave the gym. If the spectators refuse to leave the gym, the league officials have the right to call a forfeit.
12. The decision of the league officials is final and cannot be appealed.
13. Coaches should exert every effort to insure that the players attend and participate in every scheduled game. Coaches may let a player sit out a game for disciplinary reasons; however, the player should be told in advance what is expected of them.
14. During the game, keep players seated in the designated area. Instruct players to report to the scorekeeper and wait for instructions from the referees before entering the game.
15. Coaches must exercise selfcontrol and control over their players during the game. Offensive or abusive remarks by players and coaches will not be tolerated.
16. Scorekeepers and timekeeper will remain neutral during the game.
17. Coaches, please remember the players are still children and we want them to learn the game of basketball, be a good team player, learn sportsmanship and have fun doing it. It’s very important that the coaches’ words and actions set a positive example for their players. Players imitate their coaches. This is the time when the girls are most impressionable.
IF you have any concerns or questions, please contact your age group coordinator.
Seniors Level: Desmond Ogata
Download PDF, Seniors Girls’ Rules